Wednesday, July 7

splash pad fun

Last week Liz and I took Olivia and Addi to the splash pad!  Can you guess who was the only child there who left with a dry swimmer diaper and dry swim suit?  Yep, that's right!  My daughter refused to get wet at the SPLASH PAD!! She had a great time though and I guess that's what matters!

Just checking things out...

I like it here!
(LOVE Liz's face peeking in the corner of the frame!)

"NO! I'm not going in there!!!"

She liked sticking her toys in the water though...

I just plopped her down in the middle of the water and what do you think happened??

Yep!

Oh brother!

Look at MO go!!!!

"MO, don't do it!!!"

Still dry!

"Let's have snacks over there!"

Pretty sure she's doing the chicken dance, or something!


Liz brought homemade chocolate chip cookies and they were goo-ood!!!  Addi loved them!!!

MO loved her Mama singing "Pop goes the Wiesel!"


Addi loved MO's Mama singing "HOP goes the Wiesel!"
(Yes, Addi thinks it's HOP instead of POP!)


"I felt a raindrop on my head!!!"

So we packed up our snacks and moved under the shelter. 
Poor MO was daydreaming of playing at the splash pad again!


Then Addi joined in the daydreaming!

"Let me at it!!"

After the rain break, she still wouldn't get wet! 
Silly girl!  We will have to add this to the list of things to try again, along with the zoo!

4 comments:

sara said...

What great pictures, especially that one of the "chicken dance"! Love that she was the only dry one at the park - at least she will get in the pool, we can't seem to convince Alexandra to give it a try!

Thanks for your sweet email today! I'm out of the office tomorrow for a deposition in Atlanta, but I will definitely email you on Friday. :)

Anonymous said...

Such sweet girls! I haven't tried the splash pad yet, hopefully Haddee will enjoy it. Maybe Addi will like it next time.

Liz said...

I love it! I actually made a post BEFORE you!! I think my Blog status just went waaaaay up!

I think we pretty much posted the same pics! So funny! I loved all the pics - so hard to choose! Addi's faces are pricless! We should definitely do it again and soon!!!

The Varner Family said...

Meg doesn't get wet at the Splash Park either but yet she loves all other bodies of water....silly girls! Cute pictures though!