I found this recipe online a few weeks ago and we finally tried it the other night. It was tasty and oh so easy to make...my kind of dinner!!! It got two thumbs up!
Here's the recipe...I added the chicken.
Spinach Pasta Toss
Ingredients:
1 can Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
2 c. multi-grain penne pasta, uncooked
1 c. water
1 pkg. (9 oz.) baby spinach leaves...I used a pkg of frozen spinach
1 c. three cheese blend, shredded
4 strips of bacon...I used a 1/3 c. bacon bits
2 chicken breasts
Directions:
Bring tomatoes, pasta and water to a boil in a large saucepan; stir. Cover; simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes or just until pasta is tender. Meanwhile, cut chicken into bite-size cubes and saute in olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning until cooked through. Add spinach and cooked chicken to pasta; simmer, covered, for 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add bacon. Serve topped with cheese.
2 days ago


4 comments:
So glad y'all liked it! I added shrimp last time and it was super yummy and I've never done the bacon because I'm too lazy to cook any, never thought of bacon bits though!
That looks so good! I'm going to try it soon.
sounds super yummy! i plan on making it soon!
Yum!!I LOVE anything with bacon :)
Post a Comment