Wednesday, June 30

birthday party and picnic

I met a friend of mine through blogging and it turnes out, she lives right here in Norman!  What a small world!  Amanda's little princess turnes ONE today and we were so lucky to be invited to her party last weekend!

Happy Birthday TODAY Miss Lucy!!
She had the perfect cupcake party...aren't these invitations just darling?

Look at that HUGE cupcake smashcake!  Addi kept a close eye on that thing!  Since the smash cake was all for Miss Lucy, we had a small cupcake and it was so yummy!

Here's the birthday girl!

I'm telling you, the cupcake was HUGE!  I didn't realize that it was covering Lucy's face in this picture...oops!

Super fun party decorations!  Amanda did a great job on Lucy's party!

Addi really liked the pink swimming pool that Lucy got. 
She sat in it while Lucy opened some of her presents!

"Mama, she has her boppy in!"

MO was at the party too and this was the best picture I got of the three of them. 
These are three very busy little girls!


After the party, Addi and I picked up some Chick-fil-A and went back over to campus for a picnic.  We ate our chicken (and dippie!) by the Union and the she begged to find more "waaaader".  There was a fountain close by so I took her to one that she had not been to before.  She thought it was so cool!  She really wanted to climb up on top of the rocks...thank goodness she couldn't quite get up there!

She also loved exploring in the monkey grass...finding bug-bugs and rocks!

On our way back to the car we stopped on Campus Corner to cool off. 
She loved this little bench outside Antique Garden.

 

We walked over to Harold's Square to do a little window shopping at Tiny Tulips...

And she found so many cute things!

Addi discovered an old telephone booth outside of Tulips.  She thought it was just the best thing ever!  She loved standing inside and looking at me through the glass.  Such a silly girl!


And of course she loved squishing her face agains the glass too!

Then she discovered the steps at Tulip's!  She ran up and down no less than 20 times!  I was worn out just watching her little legs go!


  



We finally told the old phone booth bye-bye and headed for the car. 
  

I intended on taking Addi to the park for the last night of Jazz in June, but after the birthday party and our adventures at OU and Campus Corner, I was exhausted!  We headed home for a quick bath and cup of milk before bedtime.  I forgot to mention that before the birthday party, we went to a Matilda Jane trunk show at my friend Saradee's house and I got Addi the cutest outfit for this fall!!! I can't wait for it to come in!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks so much for the sweet post! We were so thrilled you and Addi were able to come on Saturday! Also, I love love the picture of Addi on the bench. She's absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you all got to come! It looks like you had a very fun filled day. Addi looks adorable, where did you get her dress?

mel @ the larson lingo said...

I LOVE Addi's dress! So, so cute! Great pics of her!
What a cute party, and I can't believe the size of that smash cake! WOW! That is one lucky little girl! :)

sara said...

What a cute 1st birthday party! Love all of the details - your friend did a fantastic job, she should be very proud of herself. :)

ms.sparkman said...

how fun!! it was great seeing you and miss addi saturday. i also think its so cool that you have become friends with a fellow blogger! i have actually seen her blog through the link on your page, Lucy is such a cutie!!

Danielle said...

She is adorable, as is her dress! That birthday party makes me feel a little incompetent. I bet Addi was worn out after all the playing, running, and exploring. It all makes for a great nap or early bedtime!

Liz said...

What a super-fun birthday party!! Amanda did a fantastic job with everything! Sorry we got there late and bolted early - a late nap and a bird in our house made for an interesting day!!! Lucy was precious no matter what!

I love the pics on Campus Corner - great job!