A few months back, we went to the Junior League Charity Ball, where we went in with four other couples and got a sushi dinner party. The package included the chef from our favorite sushi place in town, O Asian Fusion, coming to our sushi party and teaching us to roll our own sushi! He also prepared fresh rolls there for us to enjoy.
Our group got together last Sunday night for our party...O What a Night!!!! It was so much fun! Tommy and Marissa hosted at their house and I cannot even tell you what a great time we had!! The rolls that Mat prepared for us were the Oklahoma, Sooner, College, Thunder Tsunami, and Heaven...and they were just that, pure Heaven!! This might be the longest picture post ever, but I just had to include them all!! Beware...this might make you hungry!!
Look at the fresh ingredients!!!
This blackened ahi tuna was out of this world!!
Meet Chef Mat...he was incredible!
Making California and Spinach rolls for appetizers.
Waiting on appetizers...cheese!
Cheers to great friends!!
Sake!
Our hosts, Tommy and Marissa
Liz and Sean
Aaron and Evan
Scott and me
Kaisha and Gabe
The whole Sushi Gang!
Some of the delish rolls that Matt made...looks like the Tsunami, Sooner and Oklahoma.
The Oklahoma is my favorite!!
Marissa learning how to roll sushi.
I decided to give it a try too.
Easy at one...
Two...
Three!!
Look at how proud Mat looks! Such a great teacher!
TA-DA!!
Almost too pretty to eat...almost!
Evan and Liz learning how to roll...
Check this out...so yummy!!
Next it's Kaisha's turn...
Way to go Kaisha! I loved the spinach inside...nice touch!
Watch out...Tommy's up! I think he was most excited out of us all!
Evan even shared her headband with him!
Evan and Mat bonding over sushi. You know Evan is the next big Food Network star, right?
After we stuffed ourselves FULL of sushi, sake and wine, the boys played a little backyard bocce ball. Someone ended up facedown on the ground...but I won't name names (wink)!!



We had a wonderful time with everyone and hope to do it again VERY soon!!!
O What a Night!!!


4 comments:
What a fun PARTY!!! We love SUSHI!!! i wish we lived closer to each other!! you all seem to have so much fun!!!
Oh, YUM! That sushi looks out of this world! What a fun party. And your friends' kitchen is GORGEOUS!
OMG! It was so dang much fun!!! I don't think I've ever eaten that much sushi in my life! Can we have it for lunch today?!! He he!
What fun!! I have always wanted to learn how to roll sushi, looks like you all did a great job! Oklahoma roll is my favorite roll EVER also and yes..you were right...that post made me hungry and made me crave sushi! (only from "O" of course :))
Post a Comment