Tuesday, June 22

not a total disaster

Since we were in Ardmore over the weekend, I made an appointment to get my hair cut.  Danny has been cutting my hair for over 18 years!!!  He's done my mom's hair for that long too.  Needless to say, I wanted Addi's first official haircut to be at Danny's.  I've gone to Lollie's a few times in Norman to get mine trimmed, but if I can plan far enough ahead, Danny always does my hair.  It's just one of those things I can't explain.

Addi and LuLu watched me first and slowly, very slowly, Addi warmed up to Danny.  Then it was her turn!  Let's just say it wasn't a total disaster, but it wasn't the easiest thing either!

Of course she had to sit in my lap and the cape was NOT an option.  Addi had a death grip on her snack trap of "ro-ros" (aka Cheerios) the entire time.  I ended up with hair all over my shorts and legs, and lots of snot and tears on my black shirt.  It's a good look.  You should try it sometime.


 

 If looks could kill...

 I promise we were not hurting her, but by the look on her face, I know you're doubtful!

 

 



 I think we were all glad when it was over...especially Danny!  He was so great and even gave Addi a sucker for being such a big girl.  Guess who wouldn't eat the sucker though...yes, I have the only toddler in America who doesn't like suckers or ice cream.  She is definitley her father's daughter!

 Happy first hair cut Addi!

2 comments:

Liz said...

she will soon find out that haircuts are a great thing - especially when she can have her head massaged and washed!! i think her new "do" looks so great!!!

sara said...

Aw, poor Addi! :( If it is any consolation, we've had 3 haircuts for the little one now and they are not getting any easier.

By the way, your hair looks fabulous!