June 23, 2011
Day 7
I was so excited to find this little Zutano gown for Halle because Addison had the exact same one with her name on it. Halle wore it once in the hospital and it was oh so cute!!
She wore her Zutano owl onesie for the day and it was super cute! It was a premie size and fit just perfectly! Halle's face was still really puffy today and her eye was still bruised, but overall she was looking much better! Her coloring was even starting to improve!
Naptime! I swear I don't know what we did without Aden + Anais swaddle blankets for Addison! They are freakin' amazing!!!! It's literally the only kind of blanket she's been swaddled in to date. If you're expecting or need to get a gift for an baby on the way, I would HIGHLY recommend a set of these blankets. Okay, I'll stop now. (P.S. they come in darling patterns too!)
Hearing test, which she passed with flying colors!
Carseat test, which she also passed with flying colors. They have to sit in their carseats for an hour to make sure they can withstand that position. If not, they get sent home in a carseat "bed" and they have to go back to the NICU every week for a test until they pass! Whew!
Finally...one of the biggest moments of our hospital stay!! It's time to "room in"!!
When you have a NICU baby, on the night before they are discharged, the parents check back into the hospital and stay with their baby in the room with them overnight since they haven't done that yet. It's a way for the parents to adjust to having a newborn. I was thankful for this night because even though we've had a newborn once before, you forget things. I was also very worried about her being off her monitors so I'm glad we had one night together in the hospital!
In the room!
Halle was super excited for the slumber party with mama and daddy!
This is the world's tiniest stethoscope
and the absolute tiniest blood pressure cuff I've ever seen. It literally was about the size of my thumb!
Once we got to the room and got settled, big sister came for a visit...and she didn't even have to scrub in! She insisted on holding her right off the bat!
Here she is telling me to move my hands so she can hold Baby Halle by herself. I don't think so.
We had a really great night with Halle "rooming in" and tomorrow is the biggest day yet!
WE'RE GOING HOME!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment