Wednesday, July 13

nicu day 6

June 22, 2011
Day 6

They days all started running together, but this day marked a HUGE milestone for sweet Halle!  When Scott and I arrived for the 6am feeding, she had been moved from her big, elevated, heated bed to a regular little newborn bed on a cart!  Also, her feeding tube and oxygen had been removed.  Her IV was still in, but was to be removed later in the morning.  This was our first look at her precious little face without any tubes, cords or wires.  My heart seriously melted into a huge heap!  This was the moment I had expected to have six days earlier but it was priceless when it finally happened.  My mommy heart was swollen with love and pride!



I had this darling sleep sack made for Halle to wear on her birthday and it matched Addison's Big Sister shirt.  I was just glad she got to wear it at some point!

IV in her foot that would come out very soon!

My sweet girl! You'll notice she puckering up to give me a kiss!


Scott took this picture and I must say, I actually like it!  My favorite part is Halle's little nose in the far corner of the shot. Sweetness.


Here's our attempt at a shot of the three of us.  Oh well.

Since Halle had so many tubes and cords, they never actually had a bracelet on her.  They were all taped to her bed and the nurses would scan the barcode (on the other one) before feeding and medicine time.  I'm a little bummed that she didn't have her own bracelet with her name on it, because I still have Addison's. 

And here's her trusty elephant lovie from her big sister.  It never ever left her side.  The nurses were really sweet to always make sure it was by her.  It probably didn't matter one bit to Halle, but it sure put a smile on our faces and it definitely made Addison happy!

Today was a big day of progress and we are finally starting to see light at the end of the long dark tunnel we've been in!

No comments: