Wednesday, July 13

nicu day 5

June 21, 2011
Day 5

Look who's a new mom (it's embroidered on the shirt)!  Ha!
One of my very sweet nurses brought me this t-shirt and we all got a kick out of it!





I wonder when my sister is going to come see me... 

She's here!  We hadn't really planned on letting Addi hold Halle this trip, or I would have had my real camera with me.  Oh well.

So proud! 



As Addi would say..."Just the girls!" 

This might have been the hardest day of my life.  After Halle's 11pm feeding, I checked out my room and Scott drove me home.  I sobbed.  I was hallow inside.  A part of me was missing.  Everything felt so incredibly wrong and there was nothing I could do to make it right.  I wanted to hold her, to hear her breathe, to see her, to just feel her presence.  It was a long and painful (emotionally and physically) night.  We were up at the crack of dawn and back at the hospital by 6am to feed again. 

We were back and forth from the hospital so many times in the days that followed.  We were so fortunate that we live less than 2 miles.  I can't imagine how hard it is on families who live several hours away.  I also can't imagine having to do this for any longer than we did.  In reality, we were so lucky that she stay was as short as it was, because some parents do this for months and months.  God bless each and every one of them!

No comments: