Tuesday, February 1

snowed in: day 1

Oklahoma had a HUGE snow storm and we were snowed in today!  Scott made it to work for a little while, but thankfully came home early.  Addi and I didn't leave the house at all...we didn't even go outside!  There are snow drifts all around our house that are several feet deep and the windchill is in -14 right now.  Hopefully the wind will die down tomorrow so we can at least go play for a few minutes. 

We played just about everything I could come up with and then I got creative.  I pulled out a huge piece of butcher paper and let Addi go to town coloring it.  My original plan was to have her lay on it so I could trace her outline, but she didn't think that was a very good idea.  She had the entire piece of paper to color on and she just used the little part right in front of her.  Oh well!



Then we rolled up her sleeves and put her slick apron on.  I filled up the sink with soapy warm water and I kid you not, she played for over an hour!! I had to refill the sink twice with warm water because it kept getting too cold.  She had a ball with the different cups and scrub brushes I gave her! 










She finally decided she was hungry for lunch and that it was time to finish up, but told me that she wanted to do it again tomorrow.  No problem Addi.  I promise!

That was a super easy way for her to play.  It was a little wet and messy, but I just threw the multiple towels in the washer when we were through.

Once Scott made it home, we sent him out for a huge bowl of snow so we could make snow ice cream!

Snow Ice Cream

1 gallon snow 

1 c. sugar 

1 T. vanilla 

2 c. milk 

Mix it up and enjoy!

YUMMY! 

The University is closed again tomorrow and so is Addi's school.  I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I'm sure we'll have fun!

Stay warm, wherever you are!

4 comments:

sara said...

Oh, I thought of you all yesterday with all the snowstorm coverage - the Today show correspondents were all over Oklahoma! Looks like a productive day, isn't it great how easily they can be entertained? She looks like such a little grownup in her apron, standing by the sink! And yum, snow cream - haven't had that since I was a kid! Stay warm!

Carrie said...

Looks like you girls made the most of yesterday. Addi's hair looks adorable, it is getting longer/fuller, cute!

Danielle said...

Great ideas for being cooped up inside! After one day of it, I'm about to go nuts - with or without kiddos. I hope you guys get a break soon.

Whitney said...

My freshman year at OU we got snowed in for 3 days. We made snow ice cream in the dorms! So fun.

Addi is most defiantly your daughter! Her favorite activity is cleaning! LOVE IT!! Miss you!!