Wednesday, February 23

snowman kit

Hopefully our snow is over for this year and we won't have to get out our snowman kit again until next year.  These are just a few things that I collected and stuck in a box so we'll know right where they are next time we need them!  Of course a few things are missing from the kit that we can just add at the last minute like a scarf, hat and gloves but those things are fun to change up anyway.

Our box includes:
Buttons (various shapes, colors and sizes are fun)
Eyes (2 large black rocks in the square box)
Carrot (I bought fake ones at Hobby Lobby so we'd always have them. I don't keep large carrots in my fridge at all times.)
Mouth (black stones for mouth...you can use lots of things here, but I just stuck these in as a last resort.  We may find something more entertaining when we build our next snowman, who knows?)

And just because this year all of our sticks were under the snow and it was difficult to find something for the arms, I'm throwing in some k-bob skewers.  They work just fine in a bind. 

Just put everything in a box and store it somewhere handy.  Then you'll always have the necessities when the snow starts falling! 

Other fun things you could include would be
costume jewelry
a crown
fancy hats (thrift stores would be good for this)
]sunglasses
wax lips (probably have to pick these up around Halloween)
wigs

The possibilities are really endless!!

LuLu even had the great idea to mix a dab of red food coloring and water in a small spray bottle and then spray the "cheeks" to make them rosy!
What are some other fun things that you could add?  I'd love to hear your ideas...our box still has plenty of room!!

No comments: