Well like most things around my house, the entry project is definitely a work in progress! You might remember me posting about it in January HERE. I was looking for this area to serve a few purposes.
1. A place for our coats and bags to hang
2. A place for our gloves, hats, and miscellaneous items to land instead of being all over the house
3. Something that would be easy for Addison to reach so she can hang up her own belongings (yeah right!)
4. Also incorporate space for Little Sister's (LS) things too!
Here is my before picture:
I moved the cubbies into my laundry room and bought some smaller sections of hooks for the girls.
Here are hooks LS's...empty and waiting for her!
Like I said, it's a work in progress, but it's a step in the right direction. I raised the large panel of hooks up for Scott and I to use and then I hung up two smaller panels of hooks for the girls. I found these great mesh baskets at the Contianer Store HERE and I have them hanging on my favorite 3M Command hooks. They are the perfect catch all for gloves, hats, treasures, school papers, etc.!
I know it will be a while before LS actually has jackets for her hooks, but they are ready when she is!! In the beginning it will be a great spot for diaper bag, school bag, etc.
I also found this hanging wall pocket at Wal-Mart. It's great for extra keys, iPods, magazines, etc.
So here's the wall without any of our stuff hanging up, although it will never look this way, I'm sure!
Addi Bear and Baby Bear's hooks...
Daddy Bear and Mama Bear's hooks.
I'm happy with the way it's turned out. I still have some ideas, but it's functioning really well for now.
I know we can't all have this:

but it's nice to dream, right?


1 comment:
I think it looks great, totally functional and usable. Some day, when I have some free time (ha!), I need to tackle a project like this of my own. Until then, the coats will just continue to pile!
Post a Comment