Wednesday, April 21

so what's the BIG deal?

I posted last week that today was a BIG day!  Many of you guessed and all of you guessed WRONG...
I AM NOT PREGNANT!!!!  

All of you made me laugh who sent me texts, messaged me on facebook and just picked up the phone and called me.  I love all of you dearly!

Today is a big day because 1 year ago today, home sweet home was established!  That's right, I've been bloggin' for a year now!  It was a slow start but I eventually got the hang of it.  Some of you have been reading since day one and others have found us along the way.  Whatever the case may be, I'd like to say thanks!  Thanks so much for caring about our family and for keeping up with our happenings!  Thanks so much for your sweet comments and for coming back each day to read more!

I'm doing my first ever giveaway today in honor of our Anniversary!  I know that I have a lot of readers who have never left a comment before, but today you are going to want to change that.  I can call a lot of you out by name even...Mom, Sherra, Eloise, Aja, Emily, Suzanne, Maegan, Christa and I could keep on going but won't.  You don't have to have a Google account to leave a comment.  You can leave the comment as an anonymous user, but be sure to tell me your name.

I'll close the comments tonight when I go to be (around 11pm) and randomly choose a winner tomorrow.  It isn't a huge giveaway, but it's just a little token to remind you of us.  Want another sneak peek?


Here's how to enter...leave a comment and tell me something about you that I don't already know, like...

  • How did you find home sweet home? ...OR...

  • What is it in your life that makes you feel home sweet home?
 Again, thanks for reading and I can't wait to read your comments!

18 comments:

sara said...

Happy Anniversary, Erin! I've so enjoyed reading your blog and getting "to know" you - I consider you a kindred spirit! I cannot recall how I stumbled upon your blog - I think I had checked my blog feed and noticed I had a visitor from your site, and once I started reading I was hooked!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Erin! You are such a great blogger! You are too funny for calling me out! I absolutely love checking your blog each day and seeing little Addi as she grows up so fast! I will be in OK this weekend so maybe we can see each other! I will be walking the OKC Memorial 1/2 Marathon with my mom and sis! I will call you!
Much Love,
Maegan

Taryn said...

Congrats on making it one year Erin! I'd say my family makes me feel home sweet home. And wine :-)

Team E...Gee said...

Happy Anniversary!! The first thing I do when I get to work is check your blog!! I love all the family pics, recipes, and how organized you are with lables. I'm about to become a lable fanatic!!! Thanks for making my mornings!!!!

Liz said...

How did I find 'Home Sweet Home'? Well, I feel like a second mother to it - since I DID talk you into it and all!!!! Ha ha! No really, I love your blog and you've done a super job. MUCH better than me!! Love you!

Spencer's Take Singapore said...

Hey Erin! You know I love the blog! I hope I can win something! :) I love to watch Addi grow, since she and Allison are only a few weeks apart, both hams, bald and so cute; I love checking in to see what she is into and up to! Family certainly makes my home feel like home oh and wine like Taryn and coffee! :)
Happy One Year!
Kelly Spencer

Whitney said...

Well, I am not too sure that there is anything you DON'T know about me. I read your blog everyday (it was my way to feel in touch with real people while touring) and I cannot wait to come home for recital and see Addi! Please tell me you will bring her to Ardmore!!

Miss you and see you soon!! (I hope)

The Kovash Family said...

I found Home Sweet Home through The Cunningham's blog. You were so good about posting that it appeared at the top of their friends list. After seeing you guys at get togethers (and then totally acting like a stalker at the bday party) I am a follower!!! Plus, it reminds me of Oklahoma, which I consider HOME SWEET HOME!

e.bynum said...

Congrats Erin on 1 year! I just love your blog, it is so cute and fun and Addison is such a doll! I stumbled across your blog one day and ever since I check it on a regular basis.

I just love seeing what your family is up to and you inspire me to be more organized. It always makes me think of Allen saying how organized you were in preschool with Judy Riley:)

Home sweet home to me is curled up with my two boys Allen and Jasper reading a good book!

Can't wait to see what the next year brings on your blog and in your families life:) Emily

Sasha said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't remember how I stumbled on your blog... but I recognized the toddler table from St. Joe's in one of your pics!

Karen said...

I would have to say my family makes my house feel like a home. I just recently discovered your blog and am really enjoying it. My Kate Olivia was born 5/08, so of course I like reading about Addison too. Congrats on your anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Yay for a year of blogging!!! I enjoy reading about all your sweet happenings and getting organizational tips that I can use for my own home. You have inspired me to become more organized.

As for what makes me feel "home sweet home" I would have to say, my sweet baby girls, my loving husband and all the wonderful memories we are creating as a family!

Kara said...

Hey, Erin! I started really following your blog when I got your Christmas card this year. It's a way to keep up with the cousins and their sweet girl.
As a new wife and "mom" I've borrowed some grand ideas from you as well!
Home Sweet Home for me is enjoying time with my family at home. It's a rarity during this busy time of year.
Congrats on your 1 year and keep up the good work!!

kate parke said...

ditto on all the above comments. So glad Brittany passed along your blog, and totally flattered that she thought you and I were so similar. I get so excited when a new post of yours pops up in my feed! You do a great job.
Home sweet home for me....the smell of my children's rooms when I go to tuck them in before I go to bed. I want to bottle it up and keep it forever-it defines home for me-the best smell I have ever smelt.

Amanda said...

Look at you doing giveaways! You're going to be the next "Kelly's Korner"! I stumbled across your blog through Liz and started checking it everyday. You are so good about posting something almost everyday and are extremely creative and organized which is incredibly inspiring. I feel like I'm still trying to get a hang of this mommy thing and Lucy is 9 months, ha!

Candice said...

One Year, I can't even believe it. I love reading your blog and "For the Love of Labels" is the best thing ever. What makes me feel home sweet home...when I look over and see Will watering the garden with his watering can. It makes me feel we are laying down roots here in our little house. Thanks again for sharing your blog and PS I totally thought you were preggers. :)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog, it actually inspired me to do a family blog. I was introduced to your blog after a friend was telling me all about Addison's 1st Birthday party. I have a little girl close in age too, so I love all your creative ideas!
I feel home sweet home only when one of our 3 kids is crying, laughing, singing, screaming, babbling, whining, or snoring - which is everyday!
Thanks for all the inspiration and Happy Blogday!
Alicia

The Cunningham Family said...

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for letting us keep up with Addi's adventures here! Reading everyones blogs helps me always feel Home Sweet Home no matter where I am
love-
Carolina