Saturday, April 17

taking a break

Every spring, I have big plans for a new landscape project.  I've decided this year, I'm taking a break!  I've worked my tail off and this year I just want to enjoy the beauty that is around me.

I've decided to do minimal pots in the front and back...simple and not to much to care for...







The Creeping Phlox  that I planted last spring is in full bloom and is just gorgeous!!

My Knockout Roses are covered in buds getting ready to open...

and here's the first bloom of the season!

My Azaleas are getting ready to explode with color too!

Everything is so colorful!  After the long winter we had, the beautiful sunshine and flowers are welcomed with open arms!!  I'm ready to just sit back (in our new patio furniture) and relax and enjoy the spring.  We ordered new patio furniture last week that should be here on Monday!  I am so excited about that! We bourght the Gable Collection from Target...I LOVE it!!!
Yes, I'm ready to take a break from projects and working so I can just enjoy this sweet thing!


I talk a big game, but that's my plan for now. 
Do you have big plans for a project this summer??

I am having my first garage sale in a few weeks with my friend Liz!  Any suggestions for a first timer?  Liz was voted "Most Organized Garage Sale" last year, so I feel like I'm in good hands!

4 comments:

kate parke said...

I looked at the Gable furniture last week, and then saw today that it had been marked down in the store. If yours was not, keep your eyes open and then the store can give you the difference. I love when that happens. Your yard looks great!

Paige said...

Erin,
Your flowers look beautiful. It has been raining here for almost 2 weeks so I haven't got to do mine yet. As far as the garages sale goes, my advice is to not waste all your time marking everything. Do tables that are like $1, $5, and 10$ (I have done those little dot stickers to color code each price)and then just mark the big stuff. I know you are incredibly organized and it might seem scary 9ha), but they always want you to go down anyway and I just don't see the point in wasting your time to mark each item!!! Hope this helps!

sara said...

What pretty flowers! We just had our front yard landscaped, I'll have to post pictures soon!

Anonymous said...

We just had a garage sale. My tips: organize your tables, you know kitchen stuff together, knick knacks together, HANG the clothes up, I think more of the clothes sold simply because they looked nice on the racks. I used dots and priced everything. By the time you try and separate everything into $1, $5, etc. and put a matchign color coated dot on it, you could have just marked it and went on dodwn the road. We just used the colored dots and a sharpie and marked it. People are going to ask you anyways what you want. All in all, it only took my mom and I about 2 hours to get everything out and ready which isn't that bad, plus I had Sweet Pea and Little Red running around the whole time too.