Friday, April 16

paperdolls of 2010

I remember playing with paperdolls for hours when I was little.  My Granny would give me books that were filled with different dolls, outfits and accessories. I had so much fun!

I decided to make Addi some paperdolls for her to play with in the kitchen.  I knew she would rip them to shreds so I laminated them for durability.  Since Addi is obsessed with pictures of herself, I decided to just use pictures of her! I put magnets on the back so they could stick to the refrigerator and then I surprised her with them the other morning...she LOVED them!!!

"What are these??  It's ME!!!"

"These are so cool Mama!"

"And here's MO!!"






"Thanks Mama!  I love playing with my paperdolls!"

This kept Addi entertained for a good 30 minutes and since then, she's played with them several times!  It was easy and inexpensive!  I think boys would like them too...you could just call them action heros (or something like that) instead of paperdolls.

Did you play with paperdolls growing up?

7 comments:

kate parke said...

get out, that is such a great idea! They would also be fun grandparent gifts! hmmm. as always, I may need to pick your brain about how exactly you did this as mother's day is coming up. Fun!

Anonymous said...

I loved playing with paper dolls! This is such a great idea. I am going to do this for Haddee and I will let you know how she likes it!

The Varner Family said...

What a great idea! So cute!

sara said...

What a fabulous idea - so cute! You are SO creative!

Liz said...

sooooo cute! i'm glad she loves them!! it was a surprise to see my MO up there too! fun!

The Kovash Family said...

So cute! I need to take some full body shots of the boys and do this! I LOVE it!

Amanda said...

You are so crafty! Love these and Addi sure looks like she like them. It was so nice to finally meet you on Saturday, wish we could have stayed longer!