Thursday, May 27

country chick

While Scott and I were in Dallas last weekend for the Jimmy Buffett concert, Miss Addison and Bailey had a big weekend with their Mimi and Papa out in the country!  Yep that's right, this little city girl was a country chick for the weekend!  I'm sure if she's anything like her mother, she was completely lost but still had fun. 

One things for sure, living on land is hard work! Just because Addi's only 20 months old, doesn't mean she didn't have to pull her weight.  She was put right to work!  First, she helped Papa in the garden.

"Look Papa! I see something growing!"

"Did you plant any Chex Mix or Fruit Snacks this summer?  You know those are my favorite!"

Every country girl's gotta have a pair of overalls, right? 
You can't work in the garden in your city clothes...you might get them dirty!

"Gardening is tough...first you've got to dig up some dirt..."

"then you've got to rake the dirt..."

"then you've got dig a little more."

"Next you've got to pick your crops!  Look at these radishes Papa!"

"Hum...this is pretty neat stuff.  Wonder where he's growing the Cheerios?"

 "Now what?  Let's go find Bailey."

"Molly, where's Bailey?  Did she go swimming in the pond again?"

"With all of this land, I'd better help Papa mow some grass.  "

"Oh thank goodness for cookie breaks! 
I was getting hungry and I couldn't find any Chex Mix in the garden."

"Yep, there're good!"

"Nana and Pappy came by to see me."

"The next morning I got to eat my cereal bar on the front porch. 
This country stuff isn't so bad afterall..."
  

Our little country chick had a wonderful weekend in Lone Grove, America.  Thank you to Mimi and Papa for letting Addi come play while Mama and Dada were off in Dallas playing!

1 comment:

Liz said...

She looks like a pro-gardener-raker-sower-of-yummy-goodness girl to me! I heart her overalls!!! They're presh!!!!!!!!!