Addison's "big girl school" came up with the most creative fundraiser! For weeks now, the students have been busy working on original art pieces that are going to be auctioned off this weekend. I placed a pre-order and specified colors, sizes, etc. and the classes have also done larger group pieces that will be sold. I know the was a massive project for the teachers and staff to take on, but the art really is amazing! It has all been on display at a local gallary this week and I snuck over on my lunchbreak to take some pictures. I was impressed to say the very least!
This piece will go in Addi's room and since we love polka dots, she has green, brown and pink circles...pretty perfect if you ask me!
(close up)
This piece was ordered by Addi's Mimi. She wanted her footprints and her requested colors were cream and red. Oh so cute!!!
(close up)
And this piece was ordered by Addi's LuLu.
She just wanted fun colors and so Addi painted this one using feathers!
(close up)
And here is the work of another budding artist in the 1 1/2's room...Miss Olivia Roberts!
I named this one "mo's toes"!
And here are just some of the other pieces that are on display.
I loved the colors in these and you can't really tell, but they have sticks on them that are gold...very cool!
This might just be my favorite piece (besides Addi's of course)!
It's called "Flamingo".
It is covered in pink feathers and silver glitter, has eyes and a beak and even a curly tail! It's precious!!
This family portrait is going to make some Mama and Dada very proud!
Loving the dots!
These little monsters were darling. They are going to look great in someone's bedroom I have a feeling.
This one reminded me of my mom (LuLu).
Oh how that girl loves purple...and the green accents were so fun!
I thought this one was really neat too. I'm not sure if it's supposed to, but it looks like orange fish to me.
The official Art Show is this weekend. There is childcare provided and the parents will have a wine and cheese tasting party while we bid on the art. Such a fun and creative fundraiser! A HUGE thank you to all of the hard work that went in to these pieces. I know I will treasure each one of them for years to come!
















4 comments:
holy cow these are great!! i just posted some of my faves too! i really want to go and see the kids' faces light up when their parents see their masterpieces - especially the one where the parents are holding the kiddo by the neck! i love it!!
Can I request a painting from Addi? Wow! I loved all the masterpieces. Thanks for sharing.
Addi is an amazing little artist! I'm sure you all are going to tresure these pieces forever.
Hi Erin. This is an amzing idea! Do you mind sharing some more info with me? I'm the director of a mother's day out in Norman and I'm planning an art show for our parents later this summer. I'd love to know more about this like timeline, art studio used, etc. Any info would be much appreciated! My email addres is twinmommy613@cox.net.
Thanks in advance and that girl of your's is one great artist!
Post a Comment