Sunday, December 18

christmas card books

Let me start by saying that I'm not a saver.  I don't save anything!  Liz gives me a hard time to pitching things but I just don't like keeping stuff around that I don't need.  

That being said, I save my Christmas cards every year.  I don't know why.  I've saved every card since the first Christmas we were married.  Every year while decorating I would flip through the ziploc bags of each year and remember funny things and pictures from each and every card.  They are memories...even though I'm not in the pictures I remember our friends and where they were in their lives each year at Christmas.  

A few years ago I decided to actually do something with them instead of just keep them in bags in the attic.  So I got really large ring clips, punched holes in the all and organized them by year.

Seriously it was that easy!  I put our card on top and a "cover" with the year. 

Now I get them out at Christmas time so we can look at them and remember all of our friends' cards.  It really is fun to look at them. 

I also have a photo album for our Christmas cards and Santa pictures.  It's nothing fancy, just something I picked up at Target.

Each left page has our Christmas card... 

and the right page has our Santa picture(s). 



Like I said, nothing fancy, but its definitely fun to look at them from time to time. 

What do you do with your cards and Santa pictures??


1 comment:

The Real Arnolds said...

What a great Idea! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to do this with our cards starting this year.