Thursday, January 20

this & that

This might just be the most random post I've ever done, but there are just a few totally unrelated things I'd like to talk about, so here it goes!

Pillows:
I bought some new red pillows for our living room!  Aren't they so great?  Where do you think I found them...Pottery Barn?  Nope!
WAL-MART!!!!
Can you believe?? For only $12!! 
Makes me love them even more!

Hiding things in the kitchen:
In an effort to get things off my counter tops and put them away, I started brainstorming ways to get my cutting boards into my lower cabinets, even though they were too tall to fit on the shelves. 
Solution: 3M command hooks! 
Have I told you how much I adore these things?  I'm sure I have, but let me just tell you again.  I mean seriously, how great is this?  I didn't even have to put a hole in the door!  Easy fix! 

I also did the same thing with Addi's bibs.  She doesn't wear them often (just when she eats really messy things like spaghetti-o's, syrup, etc.)

This little project is going to be a work in progress because I feel like there is so much stuff out on our counters just cluttering it up. I will keep you posted along the way.

Refrigerator Vent:
Did you know that the vent on the bottom of your fridge can be removed so it can be cleaned?  Well I didn't!  I was vacuuming the vent last weekend and it was SO disgusting!  I grabbed the Clorox wipes and I still couldn't get all the grime off.  One end was a little loose and I thought it was broken.  I tried to snap it back on and ended up yanking the entire thing off!  I thought I really had broken it then, and then it dawned on me that it could easily go back on...genius!  I spent about 30 minutes cleaning it with hot soapy water and goo-gone.  I am so mad that I didn't know it came off because it's been 6 years and that thing has never (not once) been cleaned.  How embarrassing to admit!  I would have been mortified if anyone would have witnessed the filth that I discovered.  YUCK!!!!  So here's my PSA...your vent comes off!

Magnet board:
I wanted to put something cute and functional next to Addi's small table in our kitchen.  She's always bringing home artwork and admiring the art that she creates at home so I thought why not a small magnet board?  I found this cute one at Office Depot for about $15.  She loves it and is proud to post her creations.  I was pleased with the size; it really does fit just perfectly in the space.  I might have picked a different color, but it was either green or navy.  The green is fine.  I like it.


Guess how I hung it up?  3m Command Hooks!  I'm telling you, they can do just about anything!!  HERE are the ones I used for this project and several others around the house!

Here's my sweet girl admiring her work and loving her new big bird juice after her nap.  You can tell by the crazy hair and sleep eyes that she's not quite all the way awake yet! 

I love it when she looks at me with amazement like I've just done the most coolest thing ever.  That's the looks she gave me when I folded a piece of paper in half and cut a heart out...when I opened that paper up she about fell out of her chair!  "Wow Mama!  You did good!" *melts my heart!!*

She also thought it was a pretty great that I spelled her name with stickers.  "Mama you made Addi!!" (Like I didn't know what I was doing!)


Newsflash:
My last piece of important business is to announce that Addi can FINALLY jump!!!!  For the longest time she would sort of gallop and flap her arms like she was doing the chicken dance.  I truly have been worried because all of her friends can jump.  She finally did it the other morning before school and Scott and I both froze in our tracks.  I had her do it over and over and she did great!  Whew!  Check that one off the list!

Okay, I think that's all for now.  I warned you that it was totally random!

1 comment:

The Beverage's said...

I love this pot! and I'm so glad Addi mastered jumping!!!!