Wednesday, January 19

shower for baby carlock

Last weekend we made a quick trip to Ardmore to throw a party for some of our dearest frineds, the Carlocks.  Teal and Laren are expeting their first baby (it a boy!) in February and of course, we wanted to shower them with love and gifts! 

Amanda found the cutest invitaitons ever on Tiny Prints!!  This is just the sample, but isn't it so cute??

Cookies to match the invitations.

The tables turned our really cute.  The pictures turned out horrendous!  The lighting was terrible in the clubhouse and my flash made them even worse.  You'll just have to take my word for it.

My first attempt at a diaper cake.  I didn't reallize it was leaning until I downloaded the pictures.  Maybe I was just tilted a little bit.  Oh well. Scott hand rolled every single diaper for me!!  Thanks Scott!
I thought it turned out really cute!  I did use newborn diapers and next time I will use 1's or 2's.  The newborn diapers were so tiny, I felt like the cake was so short, even on a cakestand!  I put a vase in the top so we could use fresh flowers.  Now I've never done Mayfair (Lindsi that's for you!!) but I think it turned out really cute!




Here's the gang from way back! 
Jake, Teal, Mitch, Clark and I all went to preschool together.  Teal, Mitch and Clark all moved away in middle school but we all reunited in college.  All 5 of the guys were Betas together at OU and they all married such fun gals!  We're so lucky to have such wonderful friends!!


Congrats Teal, Laren and Baby Boy!!!

Teal and Laren gave us such a clever hostess gift...I just had to share.

Table Topics!  Isn't that fun? 


I love that case and card are so cute and colorful. 


They really look good just sitting out so I've just left them on the side table in the living room.


Thanks Teal and Laren!!
 

2 comments:

sara said...

Those are just about the CUTEST shower invites I have ever seen! And great job on the diaper cake!!

Danielle said...

I agree with Sara, I'm totally going to have to remember those. I think I might steal the idea for a scrapbook page in the meantime!

Is that game homemade or is it in stores? I love it!