Sunday, January 30

magnet board

Before Christmas, Trevor built this awesome magnet board for Addison's bedroom.  I always have these "great ideas" but can't ever make them happen because I'm either not handy enough, not strong enough or a combination of the two.  Well Uncle Trevor is both handy and strong, so he helped me out!

I just bought roof flashing at our local lumber yard and Trev mounted it to wood and finished it off with white molding.  Now, it was a little more involved than that, but that's the gist of it!

So here's the finished product!

It's great for displaying her school art projects and for playing with her magnet letters. 

The edge needed to be finished off and I took the lazy way out.  Instead of painting it, I just hot glued some ribbon on it.  It looks great and was easy on my part!


Thanks Uncle Trevor!!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

What a great idea! I need a permanent handy man around the house too (: