Friday, August 13

it's that time of year again!

It's Recruitment (aka RUSH) time! 

This has been another busy summer preparing for Rush at the Chi O house.  I'm not a Recruitment Advisor, but I coordinate a lot of the behind the scenes stuff.  I take care of many of the party details, such as the rentals, table linens, flowers, napkins, refreshments, decorations, Alum volunteers, and so much more!  It's a HUGE job and it couldn't be done without the help of some amazing women!! I am so thankful to have such a wonderful team!

I know my opinion is a little skewed, but I really do think we have the most beautiful house on campus! 

I took Addi to skit rehearsals last weekend and she loved it, so I decided to take her to Skit Night this Tuesday.  She loved every minute of it!  One of the themes is Chi Omega Choo Choo and Addi could not get enough of the train!  She loved it!!!



We found Aunt Shelby to take a quick party pic!  Addi was still staring at the train so this is the best I got!

I sat on the front row and Addi wanted to sit like the other little girls on the floor, not with me (OUCH!  That hurt a little!).  Once the show started, she did not move a muscle!  I wish so bad I could have taken a picture of her face!  I know her chin was probably on the floor and her eyes were as big as saucers!  This was the best I could do.

During the set change, Addi ended up playing with the tambourines from the USO skit! 
Addi loved shaking it and banging on it. 


She was sad when I had to take it from her, but once the next skit started, she had already forgotten about the tambourine!

It was such a fun night and Addi really did not want to leave!  I'm disappointed that I didn't get more pictures, but it was pretty crazy.  Addi got really brave and was running all over the house that was filled with people!  I was doing my best just to keep up with her!  When I picked her up from school on Wednesday, she said, "I Ti-O House, mama!"...definitely music to my ears!

Recruitment started today so it's going to be a little crazy around our house for a while.  Bid Day is on Tuesday and hopefully our lives will calm back down by then.  Scott is going to be pretty much solo this weekend, but I know he can handle it! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was up on campus Tuesday and saw some of the houses rehearsing. Brings back so many memories from rush "recruitment". Although, I love the Kappas, I have to say I think the Theta house at OU is pretty awesome. I also have a necklace that you need to support your ChiO roots. I'll email you with the link to purchase it.

Unknown said...

I LOVE that you are so active with your sorority after graduation, that's my goal when I graduate! I'm an Alpha Xi and I know how much alumnae contribute and we are SO thankful for ours and I know your girls are thankful for you too! Addi is sooo cute :)