Sunday, August 29

back in the gym

Since schools have started back to classes, so has the gym where Addi takes gymnastics!  Last week was our first class.  Addi was so excited to go back after our summer break.  Liz is about a week away from having her sweet baby girl, Emma, and Sean couldn't come, so Scott and I got a taste of what it's like to have twin 2 year old (give or take) girls!  WOW!!!!  Liz still came, of course, and was our photographer...thanks Liz!!

Here we are before class started! 

First station, the HUGE trampoline!  Both girls did great and they loved having the foam pit behind us!  Scott got in the pit and caught the girls while they were waiting their turn for the trampoline!





Then we went over to the BIG foam pit...Scott had Addi and I had Olivia.  Scott and Addi hopped right in and did some "island hopping".  I grabbed Olivia and decided to "hop" too, but it wasn't as easy as Scott made it look!  I totally fell, but tried to to be so graceful! I was so sore the next morning!!  Oops!  Thanks for capturing that Kodak moment Liz.








Just taking a little break on the side.

Back in for more action!



Next up, back to the tumble room for rings, cartwheels, balance beam and bars!

Addi really has gotten so much stronger than last May.  Last year she couldn't hang on the rings, much less pull her legs up into a tuck!  Way to go Addi!!
 


 

Olivia did a great job too!  Such smart little girls!



Now she just holds one finger instead of two hands!

Look at MO go!!! No hands or fingers!  Way to go MO!!!

Cartwheel station...we still need to work on that!

We're so happy to be back in the gym!  Addi loves going to "nastics" and she's already talking about going back this week!

4 comments:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

okay, these are just the cutest pictures! "nastics" looks so fun. Kate has been asking to take gymnastics & I was planning on signing her up this fall/winter. Seeing these pictures of Addi makes me want to sign up Claire as well!

Danielle said...

I have mad appreciation of mothers (dads) of twins, triplets,etc! How do they do it? I have (had) a hard enough time with 1!

Anonymous said...

That's so funny that she calls is "nastics". That's what Sweet Pea called it and I have a feeling that's what Little Red will call it tonight when she goes!

I also saw your idol Pioneer Woman this weekend!

Liz said...

sweet lord this night kicked my booty and i didn't even do anything but stand around! i sure was sweaty when it was over - ha!

thank you both for wrangling my mess-of-a-daughter! i promise sean will be here this week and he can help YOU for a change!

so fun they can do these things together!!!