Saturday, November 14

holiday traditions...

As Thanksgiving and Christmas approach, I've started thinking a lot about holiday traditions. I know Addison is still too young to really remember now, but this year I would like to start some family traditions of our own.


I started by purchasing this darling Advent Calendar here on etsy. I can't wait for it to come in! I thought it would be fun to fill it with little treasures leading up to Christmas each year.

There are so many creative bloggers and readers out there, and I'm turning to you for inspiration! I'm curious to know what your favorite holiday traditions are in your family or from your childhood. Whether it's making special cookies, building gingerbread houses, singing songs, eating meals, decorations or shopping for others, I'd love to hear your stories! Please share your memories and ideas with me!

You can leave a comment to this post without having a google account...simply select "anonymous" and only leave your name if you'd like. I really would love to hear from you all!!

I hope this inspires you, too, to begin new traditions in your family as well!

3 comments:

Paige said...

we had a felt ribbon thing with a story on the top with 25 hershey kisses glued and a bell on the buttom (i need to send you a pic!!) every night we would eat just one kiss until we got down to the bell, we knew santa was coming!!

Lindsi said...

We can't wait until Christmas Eve every year when we get to open ONE present. It is ALWAYS our Christmas Jammies but we always are so excited to see what they are. This has been going on since my mom was a little girl. Even though we know what the gift is going to be we always love the tradition of it.

Anonymous said...

We grew up with a family who had a gingerbread house making party every year. They would invite a different family over each year to make gingerbread houses. The mom would precook the gingerbread and have it ready, so construction and decorating would be done at the party.
Advent was always a huge deal at our house. After opening the last one on Christmas Eve, we would sit down as a family and read "The Night Before Christmas". -Danee'