Friday, May 8

Routine

We're pretty routine people at the Hofmann house, so typically every evening is about the same. When we get home from work and daycare, we have a little play time until around 6pm, when Addison eats dinner.



I'd like to say that I'm the best wife ever and prepare a wonderful homemade meal from scratch every night, but that is far from the truth. I do try to cook a few nights a week and on the off nights we either eat leftovers or popcorn. Yep, that's right...we eat popcorn for dinner! Our friends Travis and Suzanne think we’re crazy and we probably are. Corn is a vegetable right? So we’re being oh so healthy…at least we like to think that way! This is not just any popcorn, you see, Scott makes it on the stovetop and it's very, very tasty! We love to pop a big batch and settle in for a little TV watching after Addison has gone to sleep. I know those days are almost over but for now, we still enjoy our popcorn nights! (And please don’t worry…I know what a balanced meal is and Addison gets her fruits and veggies every day! When she’s eating “big people” food, I promise to serve a variety of foods for dinner instead of popcorn!)

After dinner we either play outside with the bubbles or play with Bailey Bear. Around 7:00 it's time to start getting ready for bed. I would love to give Addison a bath every night because she loves it so much, but because of her eczema, we just do 2 nights a week (usually Thursday and Sunday). When she hears the bathwater running, she knows what comes next!



Addison has learned to splash in the tub so by the end, I too have taken a bath!



Her favorite bath toy is her rubber ducky – thanks great-grandpa Bob!!





Addison has an array of hooded bath towels, but her chickie and hippo are her (our) favorites…they are so darn cute with an adorable wet baby inside!!







After bath, we get her “lotioned up” and then it's time for a bottle and stories.



When our favorite book, "I'll See You in the Morning" has been read, it's time for Pacie and Lovie in the rocking chair. Once that Lovie touches her face, her eyes get heavy and that's all she wrote! We usually rock for a few minutes and then in her bed she goes, to have very sweet dreams until morning.

1 comment:

Ilena said...

What a great little routine you guys have and she is oh so precious!