

So my main Mother's Day gift from Scott and Addison is a wonderful new patio addition! It's been raining buckets in Norman for it seems like weeks now, so it's taken forever to get this little project started, much less wrapped up!
Here are "work in progress" pictures in the backyard (there used to be stones around that dirt pit):


Since we're adding on to the patio, that meant ripping out an existing flower bed and retaining wall. I didn't want those stones to go to waste or be stacked in the corner of our backyard forever, so I asked the workmen if they could make me a nice new flowerbed in the front yard. Scott always accuses me of making projects bigger once we're in the middle...I like to see it as reusing existing materials in this instance!
The workers did a nice job of moving the stones to the front and making a great new side bed for me.

I purchase 3 Knockout Rose Bushes last weekend that are be-autiful!!! Isn't the color just amazing?

I still have a list of other plants I need to get. I'm just waiting on the workmen to come back and fill it in with dirt so I can actaully plant them! Hopefully they will put up the forms today so they can pour the concrete in the next few days...if it doesn't rain of course!
So for now, it's still a work in progress, but really hope to post the "after" pictuers very, very soon!!


1 comment:
Oh Erin, it's going to be fabulous having the extra patio in the back for cookouts and little Addi to play on! The rose bushes, I love those...you will always have fresh flowers to clip and put in your home! I can't wait to see the "after" shots! :)
Post a Comment