Thursday, May 21

Bottom Up!



No not that bottom…although it is rather cute!

I’m referring to the new window treatment that I made for our master bathroom last Friday night.

Our master bathroom is on the back of the house and the large window over the bathtub looks into our backyard. I would prefer to leave the blinds open to make it lighter, but our backyard is open to a walking path so there are some privacy issues there! It’s a huge hassle to step into the tub each time we want to open or close the binds, so the majority of the time they stay closed.



Well last week I decided that I’d had enough and we needed a change! After going to dinner with some friends on Friday night, I whipped up this “Bottom Up” shade. It was so simple to do and has made a huge impact! It literally took about 20 minutes (if you don’t count the time I spent unjamming my sewing machine!) and only involved sewing 4 straight lines! I purchased one yard of fabric (on sale of course) and 2 tension rods…that’s it! The only trick is to be sure to make the top and bottom seams large enough for the tension rods to slide through.



The daylight can come in during the day now and at night, no one can see in…it’s a win-win!!

No comments: