Wednesday, November 2

green means go!

Our family and close friends know that Addison is not a sleeper.  She's a great napper, but she never stays asleep all night long.  We were hopeful that having her tonsils and adenoids removed would help, but it didn't.  When I say she doesn't sleep through the night, I mean she's tapping on my face while I'm asleep 3-5 times a night.  Scott is a very sound sleeper (lucky!) so I'm usually the one up with her.

Here's an example of what took place early one morning...about 4:45 to be exact:

(tap, tap, tap on my face...and keep in mind I'd already been up with her two times in the night...
Addi whispers:  Mama?
me still asleep: What?
Addi whispers: Here's a pencil for you.
me more awake: WHAT?
Addi whispers: I said, here's a pencil for you.
me totally awake: Where on earth did you get a pencil???
Addi still whispering: On the kitchen table.
me: WHY were you in the kitchen???
Addi still whispering: I don't know.
me: GO. TO. BED. NOW!
addi still whispering: okay. 

That was the last straw.  The VERY last straw.

I got on amazon and ordered the OK to Wake alarm clock.

It changed my life.

The parents can set the clock to glow green at a certain time.  When they see the green light they know it's OK to Wake.  Every now and then she'll still come wondering in our room, but I just ask if her green light is on and when she says no, I tell her to go back to sleep.  She's really proud of it too and likes to show everyone her big girl alarm clock.  I like it because the alarm doesn't sound so on the off chance they sleep in, they aren't disturbed.  


1 comment:

Momma Wilson said...

oh my gosh, this sounds exactly like Jackson. I may need to get one of these...or figure out whether or not he's sleep walking?!?