Friday, December 3

bye bye paci

A few weeks ago, Addi gave up her paci.  It was something we talked about for a long time before we actually did it.  I wanted her to know it was coming and to be ready.  I told her that only babies use pacis and that since she was such a big girl she didn't need them anymore.  Since Addi LOVES baby Emma, we thought it would be a great idea to give them to her!  We collected all the pacis in the house.  Addi then picked out a box and a ribbon. 


We packed them up and gave them to baby Emma.  It wa a very easy transition, actually.  I was expecting it to be much harder.  She still sometimes asks for it, but when I ask her where it is, she immediatly says, "Baby Emma has it!"

I'm so proud of her!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just got rid of Haddee's...I know we are so late on it, but it also went a lot smoother then we thought it would! We actually mailed her pacifiers off to the "pacifier fairy!"

Erin said...

Great idea! When my husband was a little boy and using pacis, my FIL told him that he was going to have a little sister. As such, only babies, not big boys used pacis. My husband pulled it out of his mouth, handed it to my FIL and never looked back. I hope it's as easy for us as it was for my husband and Addi!

Amanda said...

Woohoo Addi, such a big girl!

Danielle said...

Wow,that's great! I think it'd be a little hard to wrap Colin's thumb up and give it away but I need to find some solution. I've tried the "big boys don't suck their thumb" line but it hasn't stopped him. Good for you though that your road was pretty easy!