Thursday, December 2

a big surprise!

Scott's birthday is the day after Christmas and I've never thrown him a party because people are usually still Christmasing with family.  Well this year he turns 30 and I couldn't let it slip by like every other  year!  With the help many people, I pulled off a surprise party for him the week before Thanksgiving!  I planned it so early in hopes that he wouldn't expect anything and also so more people could come since it was before holiday happenings begin.  I was so excited about it and almost gave it away so many times.  I mailed a fake invitation to our houes so Scott thought we were going to a surprise party for our friend Sean.  He really had no clue, which made it so much fun!!!


He was surprised and confused... 

especially when Sean jumped out! 

Still trying to figure out what's happening! 





Check out the yummy cake my high school friend Casey made!  It was so tasty!  The top layer was strawberry and the bottom layer was lemon!! 

30 candles...that's right!  They took a while to light! 





Scott's mom made him a photobook.  Everyone had so much fun looking at pictures of him when he was little! 

Stuart, Scott, Shelby and me 

Our friend, Teal 

Loving the photobook! 

Me & Suzanne 

A special thank you to everyone who helped me lie and be sneaky!  It was well worth it!!!

3 comments:

Aja said...

Love this post!

Danielle said...

You're such a thoughtful wife! I love surprises - both the giving end and receiving. I'm proud to say I've finally taught my husband the art as well (: Great pictures!

Liz said...

yay for surprises!! i hate giving them, but LOVE being a part of them! happy 30th, scott!!!!