Wednesday, October 6

say what?

We are all here and doing well!  My computer is "sick" so I haven't been able to post in a few days.  Hopefully I will get it back soon because I have lots to blog about!!

It's been a whirlwind since Addi's birthday party, but I think life is beginning to slow down just a bit.  The day of her party, we also had the Fall Festival at her school and an OU watch party at our house that night (Go Sooners!).  The next day was her actual birthday so we continued our celebration.  Last Wednesday was my birthday (it was a big one, but it didn't end in zero!) and Scott surprised me with dinner at Legend's with my family.  It was such a fun night.  After dinner I had to get Addi and myself packed because Thursday morning I was headed Southboud-35 for OU Texas!!  Addi stayed with my in-laws and Scott met me in Dallas.  We had a great weekend and the Sooner victory made it even better!  We got home late on Sunday and have been in recovery mode ever since!  Whew! Just typing it all made me tired!

Last week before I left, I got the pictures back from my friend, Misty Cate, who took pictures at Addi's birthday party.  They are amazing!  You can go to her blog HERE to get a sneak peek!  I can't wait to share them all with you!  Of the over 500 pictures she took, I have it narrowed down to my top 124!  That was not easy, let me tell you.  I also have a few How-To's coming up on some of the details from her party...stay tuned!

For now, I thought I'd document a few of Addi's sayings right now.  She definitely all TWO!  She's always been right on track, but this was incredible!  Two days before her party she started rolling her eyes at me!  Excuse me?  Are you kidding, you might ask.  NO!  Seriously...rolling her eyes!  She only does it to me though, no one else.  Should I take that as a compliment?  The day after her real birthday, she asked me "Why?" no less than 20 times!  She's never said that word before in her life, but it was like once she turned two she knew she was supposed to ask that question.  I think I should take my cue and buckle up...she may send me on a crazy ride!

School bus - be-bus
Ooh la la - A-lala (this is what she says when she puts on her sunglasses...thanks Lulu!)
I help you - I help me
I hold it - I hode it (we hear this one A LOT!!!)
Rojo (red in Spanish...pronounced roho) - ho ho
Loud - youd
Kangaroo - rara-roo
Flamingo - ningo
I do it - MY DO IT!

"My do it" is probalby going to be a phrase used in the Hofmann house for years to come!  When I was little I would always say "I do it my byself" instead of "by myself".  It's one of those things that's stuck and my parents still say it to this day.  "My do it" will probalby be the say way!

Sorry for a lot of writing and no pictures...as soon as my computer is back up and running I will be posting away!

3 comments:

Emily said...

One of my brothers always said "my do it" and my grandmother and mom STILL say that!

Liz said...

i triple heart her sayings!! "my do it" is a favorite around here, too! sooo cute! "my hungry" is a good one, as well! these girls are growing up way too fast and i can hardly stand it! cracks me up that she knows flamingo!! hysterical!

Whitney said...

Who Dough Way!