Friday, October 22

birthday details & how-to's

Crepe Paper Ruffles

This was maybe the easiest thing I did for Addi's party and it made such a huge impact! 

I hated to have the boring brick wall behind the serving table, so I thought this would be quick and inexpensive.

You literally just overlap the two colors of crepe paper and scrunch them as you go!  That's it!

I found that it was easier to put the two rolls in a basket at my feet so the rolls didn't get tangled and roll all over the place.

Just look at how cute that is up close!

To hang them, I bought some wood at Lowe's and attached eye hooks.  I measures the eye hooks and then attached cup hooks in the eves of our house.

Then I just used my staple gun to attach the ruffles to the wood. 

They weren't exactly the same length, but it didn't really matter.   

Super easy...

and super cute!!

Party Favor Bags

The party favor bags were just white paper sacks from Hobby Lobby.  I designed a little card with Addi's picture on it and taped it to the front. 

Inside, each friend got a little treat sack with colors and stickers.  I just made the toppers and stapled them on the clear sacks. 

I also found these really cute little ice cream dishes in different colors that I put in there. 

Each friend also got a bagtag!  I punched holes in the sacks and thread the ribbons of the bagtag through and tied them in a bow on the front of the sack.  Easy peasy!! 

Cake Cookies

Here is the recipe for the cookies that I made.  You would not believe how easy they are and so yummy!


Cake Cookies

Ingredients:
1 box strawberry cake mix
1/3 c. oil
2 eggs (room temperature)
Sugar
Strawberry icing

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs.  Stir until moistened.  The batter should be fairly thick so it will hold its shape when scooped.  Use a small melon maller or cookie scoop to make equal size cookies.  Place 2" apart on a slightly greases cookie sheet or cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Dip bottom of a small juice glass in regluar sugar and flatten cookies slightly.  Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (just starting to turn brown around the edges).  Remove from oven and let cool slightly.  While cookies are still warm (but not too warm), spoon a tablespoon of icing in middle of each cookie and allow to melt slightly before spreading to edges.  Sprinkles are optional.

I have also made these using lemon cake mix and lemon icing.  The possibilities are endless!!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Seriously! You are insane! Nuts!
I LOVE YOU

Meredith Ramer said...

love the crepe paper idea! Very Cute!

Taryn said...

Erin you're completely Martha Stewart now! I LOVE all these ideas! I'm going to put them in my favorites folder to remember in two years :-)