Sunday, October 24

2 new things

On Friday, Addi's teacher sent home a note saying that she would no longer be using a sippy cup at school!  She asked me to bring 2 cups for her to use instead!  We made a very big deal about it and even made a special trip to Target to pick out new cups.  Addi chose a small tumbler with birdies on it and a one that had Santa Clause on it!  I promised to buy her the Santa one but asked her to pick out another one for school.  So she ended up choosing one with the alphabet.  I didn't get pictures of her new cups, but I did get pictures of her using a big girl cup.  She was so proud of herself!



The other new thing...
HER BED!!!

Scott converted it to her toddler bed this morning!  She's been trying to climb out for about a week now and I wanted to get it chanaged before she fell and landed on her head!  She was a little confused when she first got in it.  


I was worried about naptime today, but she did great!  We read a book and then I put her in and covered her up.  She never once tried to get out.  I told her that she had to stay in her bed and if she needed anything to just yell my name.  I was afraid she was going to start yelling my name every minute, but she didn't.  I was so proud of her today!  What a big girl.  I'm not ready for her to become such an independent little girl, but I guess I don't really have a say in when it happens.  She slept for nearly two hours and I must have checked the video monitor about 50 times!


Before bed tonight she got excited about getting in her big girl bed. 

Of course, we had to have roll call an make sure everyone was where they were supposed to be: OU doll, dolly, glow worm, yellow nemo (aka Flounder), Harper, duckie, 2 lovies, 1 boppy (aka pacie), 2 blankies, 1 pillow and Addi!

Everyone's ready for bed! 

Good Night. Sleep Tight. I'll See you in the Morning.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Such a big girl!!! First, her piggies are seriously the cutest things ever. I can't wait until Lucy has enough hair for 'real' piggies. Second, she looks precious in her big girl bed with all 10 of her babies. Hilarious, that she sleeps with that many. My heart just ached a little bit thinking of when Lucy will be in her big girl bed. It just isn't fair how fast they grow up. So proud of Miss Addi- such a big, big girl!

Erin said...

Cah-uuuute! Good for her in her BGB (big girl bed)!

Whitney said...

Love the big girl bed! So fun!