My preschool teacher (shout-out to you Miss Judy!!) still jokes about the time she overheard me lecturing a classmate (when I was 4) about the importance of putting away toys in their correct place so they could find it the next time they wanted to play with it.
Yeah, I'm that person.
It's in my blood.
I blame it on my mother and grandmother, though.
They started it.
Really, it's not my fault.
Let me introduce you to my partner in crime. Say hello...it's okay, don't be shy. This bad boy has been with me forever and oh, how it {heart} thee! It's really helped me through some rough times!
I decided to begin a little series called "for the love of labels" and show you how my crazy, label-making mind works. I hope it inspires you to label some things in your life!
Let's begin in the kitchen. There are SO many places to use labels in your kitchen...honestly, the possiblities are endless! One key area to focus on would be your spices, oils, seasonings, etc.
Bottom shelf includes wines, vinegars, non-stick sprays and seasonings. I have three of these very handy packet seasoning containers from the Container Store (that place is seriously like Disney World to me!). They are so wonderful!
The second and third shelves house spices in alphabetical order on Lazy Susans. The star indicates the beginning of that turntable. It's so easy to find spices this way! Hey, don't knock it 'til you try it!
Well, this has been fun folks. I've got plenty more where this came from, so stay tuned for my next post on...for the love of labels!
How do you organize these goods in your kitchen?




15 comments:
you have got to meet my mother! she organizes her fridge items by size and the labels all must face the same way! I sent you an email a few weeks ago about the water labels-if you have a free minute soon, I wanted to ask you about them. looking forward to your other labeling ideas!
oh, and Brittany is having contractions
Oh how I aspire to be like you! When I saw the "*" has the beginning of the spices it made me laugh....you've really thought of everything!
I love it Erin! I just used my label maker last night, love that thing!
Um, you are also the girl that at the young age of about 10 or so, cleaned out my drawers while I was not even home!! I still love you for it!!
And after all these years would you believe that you have rubbed off on me and I LOVE the LABELS too!! And agree, Container Store is like Disney Land!
Whit- you have come such a long way! That just makes my heart proud:)
LOVE.LOVE.LOVE.
I need a label maker ASAP.
FOr the LOVE of labels is right! I LOVE THEM! I talked about them as well in my post! Thanks for the ideas! Happy Easter!
I love your blog!
I love labels! Adore them. They are wonderful!
Great post! I'm off to find me a label maker now...!
I love the use of labels! Also the seasoning holder is something that I must get now! I'm also a fellow Okie just right down the street in MWC.
I used to love my Dymolabel maker. I'm hoping to get it out and put it to good use soon.
I love your tips.
I have to be organized. We very busy and if I don't put appointments on the calendar well, it's not pretty.
Today, I forgot that I had a doctor's appt on Wed. Ugh!
Have a great weekend.
Wow! I don't think I've ever met anyone who organizes quite that much but you have found a believer in me! My spice rack is getting an overhaul!
I am getting a label maker TOMORROW...You inspired me.
Be sure and stop and leave a comment....On Sunday night I will be drawing for
$100 Easter GOODIE BASKET.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-am-so-angry.html
I'm loving the label love! I sooo need to do this. I love being organized but haven't gone that far. But I want to now! :) Hey, have you heard of Lovable Lables? I've heard super great things about them - you can put them in the dishwasher, kids clothes, ect...and they don't tear or get goofy looking after being in the dishwasher. Some moms that work at the daycare where I used to work swear by them. I think you can google the name and get to the website if you are interested! (I'd add the link but I don't wnat you to think I'm a spammer!) :) Happy Easter!
Post a Comment