Monday, October 19

totally tubular

Today was Addi's big day! We left our house at 6:00am and made our way to the surgery center. Addison was in a great mood and played and smiled for the nurses. We had a private waiting room where we met with the doctors and got her name bracelet. Since it was a special day, we (or should I say I) let Addi have her lovie and pacie just as much as she wanted...usually we have a strict "bedtime only" policy. She took me up on the offer and left that silly pacie in ALL morning!




The nurse came to take her back and I immediately got a HUGE knot in my stomach! Addison went to her just fine! Fourteen minutes later, we were on our way back to her recovery room. A nurse was holding her and Addison was just staring into space. She reached for me and we sat and rocked for a minute or two. She started to get fussy, but nothing a little milk cup and Cheerios couldn't fix and hugs and kissed from mommy and daddy!




She slept on the way home and has been a wild woman since! It truly is amazing to think that she had surgery today! Scott blew up a surgical glove for her to play with and she thinks it's the funniest thing ever!




Thank you all SO much for your loving calls, texts, emails and prayers! We appreciate your love more than you'll ever know! Our baby feels so much better...Oh Happy Day!

6 comments:

Kara said...

So glad it went well!! Said a prayer for you all this morning.
~Kara~

Liz said...

Olivia is thrilled (as are we!) that Addison did so well today! It's too bad they weren't at school today because they would have been twinkies in their pumpkin shirts!!!

The Longs said...

Glad to hear it went so great!!!! Hopefully she'll be feeling lots better now!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

What a big girl!! Looks like she was a great little paitent!! Love ya'll and glad it went well!!

frontporchthreads said...

I thought about Addi (and you Momma E) all morning! I remember when Pax got tubes and you brought us a delicious rigatoni meal, oh how I wish I could bring you a warm meal right now! ;) What a tough little cookie Addi is and she will be feeling a million times better now!! :) Keep us up to date!!

Meagan @ Mommy to 5k said...

Hi Erin,
That owl is just too cute isn't it? I just got a blog re-design from fabulous K and she made me a matching comment button, so my owl is gone.

To make the comment link I just posted a blog and dated it january 2002 or something just to it would be my very first post ever and then I linked that specific blog to the word "HERE", since the button itself is already linked to shabby blogs I couldn't link it to my comment post. I hope this makes sense!

By the way, your little girl is just adorable!