Addison was not born with her hemangioma on her right eye. It popped up when she was about 2 week old..we thought it was a scratch in the beginning. As first time parents, it really freaked us out. We just hated that our precious little baby girl had such a strange thing growing on her face...why couldn't it be on her back I always wondered! Well, as promised by her pediatrician and the pediatric opthamologist that we saw, it has started to fade and shrink on it's own. Once I got used to looking at it, I couldn't imagine her without it. It really struck me the other day how much it's changed in even the last month or so. Thankfully, Addi's was just a cosmetic blemish that caused no pain or discomfort and did not obstruct her vision. I really was a pessimist last year at this time and worried that it would grow to take over half her face! It stayed small though and now is fading to a tiny little speck. I'm not sad to see it go, but it was such a cute little mark that only our Addi had. I really think by Christmas it will be 100% gone for good and only something we remember from pictures.
At it's "peak"...
About a month ago...
Bye-bye hemangioma!
Her cheeks have gotten smaller too...hehehe!
6 comments:
She looks JUST LIKE Scott in that last picture! She is a doll and I think her little pink mark was just adorable on her, she is beautiful no matter what!
absolutely, lindsi! she IS beautiful in every single way - especially with her own personal stamp!!
We think about you everyday and Pax loves to check in on Addi when I get on the computer! He especially likes the pics with Bailey or "cool baby toys" in them! ;) What a blessing that the angel kiss went away on it's own! No more worries for momma....well, atleast about this one...on to something else. :)
Oh and I just got your text, Pioneer Woman...I am SOOO jealous! She lives outside of Tulsa, we should hunt her down and demand she show us all her picture taking tricks and cook lots of gravy for us! :)
Love you guys!
Isn't it sad how fast they grow?! She was too cute even with that big red thing! Look at those eyes!
Look at the cheeks she lost!! She is gorgeous!!
Miss you!!
OMG she is soo cute!! I just found your blog, and I am glad I did...I am now a new follower =)
Post a Comment