There are no pictures with this post. When you finish reading you will realize that I did good just to make it out of the store in once piece so stopping for a photo-op didn't even cross my mind!
Well to start things off, guess who forgot to take puffs into the store with her? Yes, that would be me. Addison wasn't about to sit in the basket like an angel without her puffs and she let everyone know about it! I headed directly for the baby department and popped open a canister right there on the isle. I put some in her little "pocket" on the shopping cart liner and she was golden! She loved them so much (I got a new flavor – Peach Mango! – in hopes to really capture her attention for a good hour). A few isles later, she thought it would be fun to play with the canister and shake it like a rattle. Anything to keep her happy! I just let her play while I hurriedly threw items into by basket. A few more isles later, Addison thought it would be funny to toss the canister out of the basket onto the floor. That's fine, I can play the cause and effect game. I know it helps them learn and develop...blah, blah, blah. Well she threw it a little harder and when I reached down to pick it up, I was horrified at what I saw on the floor...puffs everywhere!! I didn't have time to stop and pick them up and Walmart has people in blue vests all over the place cleaning things up, so I nonchalantly swept them under the shelves and kept going. Addi thought this was great fun and did it again. Well I'd had about enough of that and decided she couldn’t have the canister back. After sweeping the second spill under the shelves, I looked up to see that she had puffs stuck to her face. I started laughing and picking them off while pushing the basket. Boom! What was that? I look up to literally see 40 boxes of Kleenex (ironically Puffs Plus!) swaying back and forth. One second later...crash! The display started crumbling to the floor right before my eyes and boxes of Kleenex were everywhere! I might have said a bad word here...I really can't remember! I was totally embarrassed and just stood there frozen. I looked at Addison and not only are there still puffs stuck to her face, but she clapping! Oh I just wanted to die right there. A few people stopped as I was frantically reassembling the display. I nice young man who was a Walmart employee came to my rescue and told me not to worry about it and quickly began picking up boxes. I hurried off to finish my shopping and Addison kept dropping/throwing individual puffs all the way to the car. I could never deny that it was my child because we literally left a trail behind us through the entire store. That might just be Addi's last trip with mommy to Walmart for a while! Yep, I was THAT mom yesterday!
2 days ago


1 comment:
i love this. and just think, it won't be the last story like this. "puffs" and "puffs" for all!!!
Post a Comment