
On September 26th, Miss Addison decided to make a surprise entrance into the world. Her original due date was October 18th, but because she was breech we had a c-section scheduled for October 6th. Scott and I found out at 11:45am that we were to be checked into Norman Regional Hospital by 12:15pm (yes that’s only 30 minutes!!!) for a 2:15 c-section! Addison nor I were in immediate danger, but I had felt a decrease in her activity for several days. We left Dr. Parker’s office and immediately called our family and told them to get to Norman ASAP!! Meanwhile, Scott and I ran home and threw our bags in the car! Our sweet neighbor, Suzanne, can by to wish us luck and she took this quick picture while we were rushing around.
We made it back to the hospital on time and shortly after we got checked in, our family started to arrive. It was so comforting to have them all around us. Although it was never scary, I was worried about taking our little one out of the womb so early. I just wanted to be assured that we made the right decision, but of course there was no way of that happening. Everything took place so quickly that Scott and I really didn’t have much time to dwell on what was about to happen. I was taken back to the operating room around 2:20pm and Addison was born at exactly 2:50pm! Scott was such a wonderful support for me and I know I couldn’t have made it through the surgery without him. I requested that after Addison was born, that she and Scott stay with me in the O.R. so I wasn’t alone. It was a very special bonding time for the three of us. I was able to watch as the nurses cleaned her up, weighed her, took her footprints, etc. Scott even cut the umbilical cord!! When my surgery was over, Scott and Addison headed out to meet the family and I was wheeled out to see everyone as well. It was truly the most incredible experience of my life. I know you always hear about how miraculous a birth is, but it is something that you cannot completely understand until it happens to you. It was just amazing to me that I took 9 months for this little perfect thing to grow inside of me and within a matter of minutes, she was here and I got to see her and hear her cry. For being 3 weeks early, she was just wonderful! Her weight was very healthy at 6 pounds, 12 ounces and I think she inherited her mommy’s height…she was 18 ½ inches long. Every single one of her characteristics I have studies so closely, her eyes and eyelashes, her little button nose, her perfectly shaped lips, her little tiny fingers and toes and the cutest double chin you’ve ever seen. I know my opinion is very biased, but I really do think she is the most perfect baby girl I’ve ever seen!!





No comments:
Post a Comment