BOOMER SOONER!!!
It's football time in Oklahoma!!
Last Saturday was the first game of the season and we decided that it was only right if Addi went to the game with us! I love 6:00 kickoffs because you get to enjoy the entire afternoon on Campus Corner! Addi thought it was great and oh how she loved running around saying, "OOOOOOOOOOO U!"
Check out her "vintage" 1975 National Championship t-shirt! Is that not the cutest thing ever?!? My parents were in school that year, so that makes it really fun!
We left Campus Corner and strolled over to the Cunningham's tailgate.
We were a little late and they had already packed up their stuff, but the kids didn't care...they loved running around with the jump rope!
Addi was pretty overwhelmed by the time we made it to the upper deck of the stadium. She clung to us pretty tight!
But once she saw the "bity bity wissies" running on the field, she was just fine!
She even clapped along with the band!
She just stood on the bench and took it all in for a long time.
The only picture with me and she's looking down! Typical!
I think she noticed a dirty spot on the seats because then this happened...
Yes, she wiped the seats on our row with a wipie! It was hysterical! Thank goodness she didn't make the people next to us get up for her to wipe...I was seriously afraid that it might come to that!
Check out the awesome scoreboard!
A quick self-pic.
Mom and I left at halftime and took Addi out on campus to roam around a little.
She loved the little OU car!
And she thought it was so funny to sit inside this statue.
Okay, check out this tree! Notice anything in this picture??
Yep! Those are my parent's initials that they carved when they were in college! Pretty cool, huh?
I think the highlight of the day may have been the water fountain for Addi! She wanted to get in SO BAD!!
She ran to LuLu's purse and got her "monies" to throw in the fountain. I told her pennies only, but she ended up throwing every cent in the water! I think it probalby cost mom about $5!
This little girl was out WAY past her curfew! We all had such a fun day and we're so excited that it's football time in Oklahoma!!



6 comments:
We are also super excited that it is football time in OKLAHOMA! I love the carving of your parents initials in the tree. What great memories, I'm sure for your parents. I also love Miss Addi's vintage shirt!
That has to be the best $5 Lulu has ever spent!! What great pics from the game! Addi's shirt is AWESOME!
She is so cute in that little OU shirt it KILLS me Erin!! Of course any grandma would let that little girl throw $5 into the fountain :-)
I am pretty sure your child may have a cleaning problem! Ha!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the craved tree!! Too awesome!!
And, I think it was a good thing you left at the half. Addi may have heard her Daddy say some not nice things otherwise!
Love it!!!! We're taking Sweet Pea to the Air Force game, but Little Red and I will probably just hang out and not go into the game if Addi and her want to play!
Too cute! I LOVE her shirt! So fun! I hope Allison does as well as Addi at her OU game this year. We'll see...
I love the tree too! How awesome! I love that you have a picture of it. What a special thing!
Post a Comment